Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January's phone bill - skyrocket high

I was surprised when I received an SMS message from Smart that my mobile phone bill for January is a whopping PhP 6,199.00!!! Sky-rocket high! I immediately logged on to Smart's web connect to look at my bill and saw that the culprit was the 10 pesos per 30 minute data charging! What's unbelievable is that according to Smart I started using the data on December 24, 2010 at 5:25 am! Unbelievable because I was on an airplane at that time going to Bacolod and I am pretty sure that I turned off my phone. What's weird is that the whole time I was in Bacolod, the data charges keep on incurring; it stopped when I rode the plane back to Manila!! And Smart wouldn't believe me on this! I may sound farfetched to them but it's true. Now, my data service is permanently turned off on my Blackberry and I just manually turn it back on if I want to connect thru WIFI or subscribe to the Blackberry daily sachet of Smart.

Oh where, oh where will I get the money to pay that bill??! Good bye savings! I need to pay the debts first.

No comments: