Monday, November 17, 2008

Bitterness ba? Christmas and New Year.

Updates, updates!
As usual, there is the yearly issue of my Christmas and New Year vacation. And for the first time since I came to Manila to study and work, I will be celebrating my Christmas here in Manila. Alone. Without my family. If this had happened last year, it would have been all right because my brother and my sister-in-law were here. But this year, I get to spend Christmas by myself.

Our neighbors said that we will celebrate Christmas together. But it is still not the same. They are with their family and I am all alone. Yes, I am repeating. I am being redundant. Screaming that for the first time in my whole life, I will be spending Christmas without any of my family members with me. Is this an omen that I should get use to this?

But, good thing is, I will be going home the next day, on the 26th of December, I will be going home for the first time this year (2008). Yes, I haven't set foot in Bacolod for a whole year. I haven't seen my Dad for a year. I saw my sister and my mom because they came to visit here, in separate occasions, but then I saw them and was able to spend time with them. I will be there for almost 2 weeks. I am ENTITLED to a loooong vacation.

I find myself these days thinking if what I am doing is really worth it. Is my work worth it? Is being away from my family worth it? I work and work and work, and then what?

Actually, I love my work. I love the nature of my job. But.. (yes, there are buts), nevermind.

Is it really time for me to move on? I don't know. I keep on praying, asking for a sign, but I guess, I need to wait. I do hope that God will take away all this bitterness I feel right now.

Enough said about my yearly issue...

No comments: