Thursday, November 23, 2006

Extraño (Strange)

~~ Cross posting ~~
Disclaimer: This isn't a review about the movie.

Reg and I went to see Extraño, an Argentinian film, in UP Film Institute formerly Film Center. It was for free. The director of the film, Santiago Loza, was there to introduce his movie. This film was shown as part of Cine Adarna.. or something like that.. something like a film fest .. basta.

All I can say about the film is that it is very calm. Wanted it to end right away. So okay, I admit, na-bore ako. Perhaps I lacked the passion for art films or something. Basta, at the start of the film, the director had said that in order to appreciate his film, the audience has to have passion. Passion for what, I don't know. (Reg, we should have stayed longer and listened to their Q&A.. hehee..so okay, nakokonsensya ako dahil we went out as soon as the film ended.)

I read a review na hindi naman daw strange ang movie na yon. But for me, strange siya. Or siguro strange or kakaiba lang talaga ang mga Spanish films. Kakaiba sila gumawa ng movie. Or siguro hindi lang talaga ako sanay manuod ng art films kaya hindi ko siya na-appreciate. Hindi ko talaga na-appreciate yung mga scenes na pati ikaw na nanunuod ay mafi-feel mo na nasa loob ka rin ng tren kasama ng bida. Nakakahilo!

But I would have liked to ask Mr. Loza questions like what happened to the protagonist, Axel. Why was Erika's child color blue? Why he ended the movie that way.. na parang yun lang yun? And also why Axel liked to answer questions with "No."...

Anyway, this is one film that I would not watch again... or maybe I could watch again if I have that passion Mr. Loza was speaking of. no regrets na hindi ako nakapagtanong sa kanya kasi happy naman ako because nakapagshopping ako after the movie. hehehe... Hindi nga lang ako happy sa cheesecake na nakain ko.. (should have eaten sa Chocolate Kiss kung saan masarap ang cheesecake..) oh well..

Ji, maybe you would have liked the film, or find it interesting man lang.. we miss you.

Sorry kung merong mga side comments... hehehe..

1 comment:

majamorena said...

spanish movies makes you think. it's more realistic than hollywood movies. it talks about people. thanks for the support kat. ill be okay. halong!