I had a stationery when I was in college that says "If I don't do it, it doesn't get done." And I guess, since then, it has been my motto, of sorts. The sentence reminds me not to procrastinate. Although I do it a lot. Procrastinate, that is. But, it also reminds me not to trust anyone with my own work.
Yesterday, I was so p*ssed off at work. My day yesterday started right. I woke up early. I wasn't late. That made me happy. But when I sat on my chair and read my emails, that was the time I started to be p*ssed off. And I've said a few words that shouldn't have come out of my mouth. My officemates had seen me angry.
My new team leader doesn't really know us that well. She doesn't know me that well, too. And I think, for some reason, or no reason at all, she has something against me. I have yet to confirm this with her when we will have our one-on-one meeting. But my point is, she doesn't know what goes around the office. She doesn't know that I do not want to leave my work behind and entrust it to anyone.
The reason that I always stay late at work is that I make it a point that I finish my task. I make it a point that I wouldn't leave any work behind and endorse it to anyone. Another reason is that, when there is anyone to blame with my work, it will be only me. I don't want to be blamed of something that wasn't my work. This case happens when there are two of you/us doing one task. Pointing fingers and not accepting the blame aren't my cup of tea. But since going home on time is one of the criteria in our performance evaluation, I have agreed to endorse my work to whoever who is on the next shift.
But my point is, if I endorse to you my task, please do it right. If not, there will be two of us who will be blamed. But then, I guess, the weight of the blame will be more on me, since they will say that I did not properly endorse the task to you. If I didn't leave you a checklist, then forgetting that step will have been ok. But then, I left you a checklist, didn't I? So, if there is no check on that checklist, the least you could have done is to review that step and see if it was done correctly. But you didn't.. and that is why I am angry. Because if there is anyone to blame, it should be you. And don't be cute about it. You're not cute. You're already an adult. Act as one!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The reasons for my smile yesterday, at least I had a reason to smile, were my friends and a cup of Seattle's Best coffee...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday was also Richelle's last day at work. She will be joining HP on Monday. God bless, Rich! Good luck in your new career! This is the opportunity that you have been waiting for. And, thanks for everything....
No comments:
Post a Comment