Does anyone really know his own future? Does anyone know what tomorrow may bring? He may plan for his future. But he has wait for the future to be the present to know the result of his planning. I have been thinking of the uncertainties of my future, lately. I am afraid what the future might bring to me. I don't really know if I'm going to graduate in April next year. Can I finish our thesis? I don't know what to do after graduation. Yes, I have plans. Plans of going home to Bacolod to rest. Plans of going to China or Japan to teach English. Plans of going to the States for a vacation. Plans of looking for work. But, what will I do? Which will I choose to do? If work, where do I look for work? What work will I have? Will I get accepted? Will I like my job? My officemates? If I go to China or Japan, will my future students learn from me? Will I get accepted in a school there? How will I teach students? Is my grammar correct? Can I pronounce the words properly? All these questions running through my head.
I know there's only one person who knows my future. That person is God. I know that He has plans for me. I know that He will guide me to and through it. I know that I should trust Him, to leave all these uncertainties to Him. But sometimes these kind of thoughts run through my head. I think my faith in Him falters. That is why I am afraid. I can't help but feel afraid of what the future may bring. But don't get me wrong here, okay? I don't want to know my future right away; right away meaning at this instant. I will wait for the future to be the present and will see what it will bring to me. Maybe, I just don't like the suspense of waiting for the result/outcome. Right? I don't like suspense movies - always feel afraid when watching them. Also, when I'm reading books, I read the ending first before I read the middle chapters. Yes, I know it will spoil everything. But at least I know what to expect from the book.
Anyway, I'll stop writing already. These uncertainties are running through my head again.
1 comment:
hey dear... havent read your blog fully. but u might want to check this song out. Uncertainties by bridge. www.bridge-band.com check out the lyrics. im at work. miss ya.
Post a Comment